USB device not recognized, have you ever seen this error message on your desktop screen?
It’s quite irritating, ☹️, right?
If your answer is positive, then congratulations you are at right place, here we will gonna discuss 7 easy tricks to fix “USB device not recognized” error. At the end, you have a number of options to choose.
At first, let’s start with USB device after that we’ll check out these amazing method. Don’t worry it’s just a basic intro…. (like, first wash your hands then later we’ll jump on the food table 😎) Let’s start!!
- 1 USB Device
- 2 7 [Proven] Methods to Fix USB Device Not Recognized error:
USB stands for Universal Serial Bus, you are using this device to transfer your files, videos or any other source of data and information from one device to another. And you all already know that it comes in a different range of storage capability. You can choose according to your need.
All this information is just for a recall. Now we will look at the different ways to solve that irritating problem called as USB device not accepted (recognized).
7 [Proven] Methods to Fix USB Device Not Recognized error:
1) Restart your computer
This is the easiest and the simplest way to fix USB Device Not Recognized error in windows. if you’re lucky it will work for you. In this method, you don’t have to completely turn off your computer from the switch. You just have to restart it.
Sometimes motherboard needs a reboot because things may go wrong with it, the motherboard is where all the hardware devices are connected, that why you are facing a problem.
The chip set on motherboard facing problem to recognize your device, if you restart your computer ‘reboot’ it may be chip set will recover and fix the issue.
2) Uninstallation Unkown Device Drivers
This is an another useful option for you. here you have to uninstall USB device and then restart it. You can follow the steps given below:
- First of all open run window and type devmgmt.msc and then hit enter, you can also use short cut key Windows +R.
- Then click on Universal Serial Bus controller.
- Now attach your device which is not recognized by your computer.
- You will see all unknown serial devices with a yellow mark on the logo in Universal serial bus controller.
- Click on it and then click on uninstall.
- Now the only thing that you have to do, is to restart your computer and try again.
3) By Using USB root Hub
- First, you have to open device manager.
- Then expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
- After that right click on USB root Hub and the properties.
- Now click on Power Management tab there you’ll find an option – Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power, you have to uncheck the box in front of it.
- Click on OK button.
- It’s all done, you just have to restart your computer again. Hope this time it will work properly (if you have more than one USB Root Hub you have to follow the same steps again and again).
If still, you’re not able to fix an error called as USB Device Not Recognized. So don’t worry Guys we have few more methods given below. I’m damn sure those can fix your problem. Carefully read all the methods given below and it would help you to get your error fix.
If nothing is going according to you, then you have to go for Windows USB troubleshooter fix it tool.
Here You can have two options either you will allow troubleshooter to fix the problems for you or select the fixes yourself. I prefer to go with the first option, let them fix the problem for you.
Device Manager never shows all the device installed at a time, it will never show all the device installed at that moment. if there is a device installed that you had used before, you know that device is still connected to your device. sometimes device manager is not gonna show it.
These hidden USB devices will cause a problem with the working of newly installed USB device driver. To check out these hidden device drivers you have to open your command prompt and then type the following commands on it.
Once device manager gets opened you have to follow these steps in order to fix USB error.
- Click on view.
- After then click on show hidden devices.
- Now you’ve to click on imaging devices, then select Universal Serial Bus controller.
- Then click on the Unkown device.
- If there is any USB device grayed or listed as the Unkown device driver, go ahead and uninstall it by right clicking on it and then clicking to uninstall option.
6) Change the USB Selective Suspend Settings
- First of all, you have to right click on the battery icon then click Power Options.
- Then click on change plan settings.
- Now Open change advanced power settings.
- Search USB settings and click on it.
- Then click on USB selective suspend settings after that you have to Disable both On battery and Plugged in settings.
- Click Apply and OK to save the settings.
7) By Updating Generic USB Hub
This is the final solution that I want to present you if there is unknown device error in device manager, this final solution helps you out to solve it. Follow the steps given below.
- Open device manager.
- Then click on the Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
- Here you have to look out for an item called generic USB hub (on some computers, you might see two or more than two generic USB hub option).
- Then right click on the first one.
- Choose Update Driver Software.
- It will show update dialogue pop up, From there you have to choose to browse my computer for driver software.
- Then you have to click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer shown at the bottom.
- After that, it will show a dialogue box with the list of items. usually, there is only single item generic USB hub there is no other available option there.
- Now click on next and then close once you will finish the installation process.
It’ll automatically refresh the device manager screen, then you have to check if any unknown device listed over there. If it’s shown then you have to follow the same steps with other generic USB hub listed. Till it shows no Unkown devices in device manager list.
Boom 😜 you’ve done.
NOTE – If you have any queries, doubts, or suggestions regarding Methods To Fix USB Device Not Recognized so you guys can tell us by here by just comments down below. Our blog managing team will help you for sure.